This is one of my favourite go-to baking recipes! It's so simple and quick and everyone loves it. I've posted it here today in honour of the Anaphylaxis Campaign's #acbakeoff competition!
Recipe: (adapted from a Mary Berry recipe)
1 ripe banana
1 tbsp milk (substitute alternative such as rice milk for dairy allergy)
75g self raising flour
lots of dark chocolate chips/ chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 160c/ 325f/ Gas 3 and line a loaf tin with parchment or greaseproof paper
2. Use your hands or a fork to mash the ripe banana in a mixing bowl
3. Place the flour, butter, milk, sugar and 1 egg in with the mushed banana and mix using an electric whisk
4. Mix in the chocolate chips
5. Spoon into the lined loaf tin
6. Bake for 40 minutes approx until golden brown
7. When baked, turn out onto a wire rack to cool for a few minutes
8. Slice, serve and enjoy!!!
PS: If you decide to do a double batch, bake in two tins and freeze one for later :)