Welcome!

Welcome to the Allergy Fairy blog!

Don't forget to follow @allergyfairyUK for the latest news!

Email us at theallergyfairy@gmailDOTcom

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Hurrah! We're up and running!

As a long suffering peanut allergic person (not a sufferer!) I've finally decided to go for a blog on this topic, nicely timed with the new EU legislation coming into force on Saturday 13th December.

It's my hope to share a bit of news and thoughts about allergies on this. It would appear that either allergies are increasing at a serious rate or media attention towards them is increasing... which is it? I'm not quite sure but the FSA's says hospital admissions for allergies were up 500% between 1990 and 2007... I'd imagine the last 7 years have only seen this get even worse. Having been there myself once in 2014 it's too easy to become part of the statistics.

Check out #14allergens on Twitter for the latest news...

AND don't forget to follow us @allergyfairyUK